The daunting, yet necessary task of shopping for SUV insurance can be made easier with these 8 tips.
SUV Insurance: How to Save
Sports Utility Vehicles or SUVs are the king of the roads. It is the most popular car segment. Because of its high repair cost, the premiums for SUV insurance can be relatively high. By following the 8 steps below, you can land yourself a better deal for a lesser cost!
- Think before You Buy: Usually, some SUV models cost more in premiums than others. So, research and think before you buy any particular car.
- Shop around: Instead of opting for the first insurer you come across, or opting for the auto-upgrade; shop around to find out the best insurance that works for you.
- Save on Premiums: By opting to pay more towards accidental repairs, you can lower the cost of premiums. It’s also possible to recover the excess if the accident isn’t your fault.
- Control Your Mileage: Mileage affects the cost of SUV insurance proportionately. Less mileage means lower monthly costs.
- Avoid Young Drivers: Adding a young driver can raise your SUV insurance cost a lot. So, only add regular drivers.
- Don’t Ignore the Extras: Extras, like installing an alarm/tracking device, can work like a charm to reduce your insurance costs by as much as 5%.
- Use the Garage: Insurers prefer cars that are parked in a garage overnight. So, don’t forget to use it if you have one.
- Sign up for Black-Box: If you are confident about your driving skills, you can sign up for a black-box installation in order to reduce the insurance cost or get an upfront discount!