The art of applying make-up is one supposed to go in tandem with cleaning the brush used. There are several benefits associated with cleaning a make-up brush, among them;
1. Hygiene. Observe hygiene by cleaning your brush every two weeks maybe. By doing so, you will greatly reduce levels of infection that come with residues of oils and dry skin left on the brush after many make-up appliances.
2. Increase the gradient effect by applying make-up and eye shadow with clean brushes and also feel how smooth and easy it is to apply make-up with them.
3. Keeping these brushes clean will prolong their bristle quality.
Cleaning make-up brushes has these days become easier as beauty industry brands have come up with chemical free cleaners that leave brushes dry in a couple of minutes. The following are some of the best cleaners you can use as well as their prices.
1. StylPro Makeup Brush Cleaner and Dryer. This is an electric make up brush cleaner by Tom Pellereau. Arguably the best there is out there, it goes for about £39 from Feel Unique.
2. EcoTools Brush Cleansing Cloths. Very easy to use, these clothes go for about £4 from Superdrug.
3. MAC Cosmetics Brush Cleanser. This quick drying cleaner conditions the bristles and leaves them soft. It will cost you about £12 from John Lewis.
4. Beauty Blender Pure Solid Cleanser. This wax-like formula comes with a silicone pad to remove buildup on the brush. Get it at £14 from Cult Beauty.
5. The Pro Hygiene Collection Makeup Brush and Sponge Wash. This is an antibacterial spray cleanser. For best results, spray it to a sponge and wipe all residue from the brush, whilst killing infection causing germs. You can get it from Feel Unique at £10.