Contact Lenses: What type of contact lenses should I wear?
Contact lenses will make your life easier by providing comfort as they fit perfectly for active people or makeup enthusiasts, they will not compromise on style as they come in different shades, and they offer very clear vision for their users.
Choosing them, however, is to be done under the guidance of an optician who will shed light on the type you need, why and for how long you can wear them. There are several types of contact lenses like daily, spherical, extended wear, disposable soft contacts, and toric. Daily lenses are worn and removed daily after designated hours and can be re-used a few times, while extended wear contact lenses can be worn day and night. Disposable soft lenses are worn for a while, most often up to a month. Most lenses come in various shades, including color-tinted contacts, visibility tinted contacts and enhancement tint.
Below are some recommended contact lenses in accordance with one’s optical needs:
• For dry eye and astigmatism: Alcon’s Dailies Total 1 and Acuvue Oasis Daily Contact Lenses with HydraLuxe Technology and CooperVision Proclear.
• For extended wear: Air Optix Night and Day Aqua.
• For daily wear: 1- Day Acuvue Moist
• Multifocal contact lenses: Proclear Multifocal Contact Lenses, Biofinity Multifocal 6PK contact lenses.
• Color contact lenses: Air Aptix Colors contact lenses, 1 Day Acuvue Define and FreshLook contact lenses