10 Secrets to Successfully Learning English from Home
Ten tips which will help you learning English from home
If you want to learn English from home make sure you check out the following ten tips which will allow you to successfully learn English from home:
1. The most important thing is to surround yourself with English even if you don’t live in an English-speaking country. How? By watching movies or TV shows in English, reading books in English or listening to music in English.
2. Make friends with native English speakers so you can practice and learn quickly.
3. Since reading actual books in English could get a little boring at first, try to read texts written in English on online forums about a subject you are passionate about.
4. Using social media is a great way to be able to meet English-speaking people and have conversations with them which will improve your vocabulary.
5. Set yourself both short-term and long-term goals to make sure you stay focused and really go for it.
6. Get listening to free podcasts in English to make sure your ears get used to the way words are pronounced.
7. Learning new words can be extremely fun, for example, try reading the lyrics of some of your favorite songs in English.
8. If you know of anyone else willing to learn English, make that person become your studying partner so you can help each other out.
9. Start studying an English course from home. There are many options for learning English from home, including Rosetta Stone and Duolingo.
10. When selecting a course, decide what it is you actually want English for. Do you want to learn conversational English, or something more technical? Each possible course is different, and will focus on different areas. If you wish to conversational English, you’ll need to immerse yourself in the language, so watching movies and tv shows may be a big help. If you need it for technical things, then you’ll need to focus on media that has a similar focus. If you need it for work, try English instruction manuals or instructional videos.