How to make pancakes from scratch
A lot of people struggle with how to make pancakes that are fluffy and yummy, and this article will help readers to make perfect pancakes easily. The following is a recipe on how to make pancakes.
1. Flour – one and a half cups
2. Salt – half a teaspoon
3. Baking powder – half a teaspoon
4. Sugar – three tablespoons
5. Oil – four tablespoons
6. Milk – one cup
7. Eggs – one
8. Melted butter – four tablespoons
9. Syrup or honey
1. Medium sized bowl
2. Skillet or non-stick pan
4. Fire source
5. Large sieve
7. Large plate and serviettes
8. Serving plates
1. Sift the flour by passing it through the large sieve to prevent lumps.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together in the bowl.
3. Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients, then add the milk, melted butter and then egg, then whisk until you have a smooth batter. Make sure that the mixture has no lumps.
3. Heat the pan or skillet over medium heat.
4. When the skillet is hot, pour about a quarter cup of the batter, then spread it from the center with a spoon, until you have a flat pancake.
5. Wait until the top part of the pancake is completely dry, then flip over the pancake. Apply some oil on the cooked side as you wait for the other side to cook.
6. Give it a few minutes the flip it over again and apply some oil on the second side. Wait until you see some bubbles then turn it again for the final cooking.
7. On the large plate, spread some serviettes to soak up the oil, then place your cooked pancake.
8. Repeat the procedure until all the pancakes are ready.
9. Serve the pancakes on the serving plates, then drizzle with honey or syrup, as desired.
N.B.: The recipe produces six to seven pancakes. You can serve the pancake with an accompaniment like milk, coffee, hot chocolate, tea, or juice depending on your preference. If you wish, you can also eat the pancake without any accompaniment.
A lot of people think that making pancakes from scratch is complicated and hard work. Most people give up after a bad first attempt. The reason why people find making pancakes an uphill task is because they use the wrong ingredient proportions. Others use high heat or fail to dab a little oil on the pancake as they cook.
Cooking pancakes from scratch is a healthier alternative to buying ready-made pancake flour. That way, you know what exactly is in your pancake, as ready-made pancake flour might contain preservatives and coloring. Remember to use healthy oil like olive, sunflower, coconut, sesame or peanut oil.
Surprise your family one of these mornings by preparing pancakes from scratch. If you follow the procedure above, the outcome will be tasty. You can also make it a fun routine to prepare pancakes with your kids. Learning how to make pancakes that are delicious and well cooked is easy, as long as you follow the rules.