The following are the treatment options for Fibromyalgia:
1. Allopathic – allopathic physicians give patients with Fibromyalgia symptoms the following medical recommendations. They are narcotics, muscle relaxants, antidepressants, and Non-steroidal Anti-inflammatory drugs.
2. Acupuncture – it is used in the control of pain by which Acupuncturists insert fine needles deep into the skin to remove energy imbalances in the course of fibromyalgia pain management.
3. Diet and nutrition – the use of natural and healthy dietary foods is helpful in the removal of toxins in the body, restoration of nutrients balances, and counteracting the effects of stress in a patient. Patients should avoid foods such as sugars, alcohol, and caffeine that increase muscle pain and raise the levels of stress. By so doing, they increase fibromyalgia pain. Healthy practices of taking foods with supplements of fruits and vegetables have long term benefits in treating fibromyalgia.
4. Exercise – the treatment of fibromyalgia requires exercise. If done a minimum of 20 minutes in a day they help patients in their treatment. Regular exercise increases movements lower the levels of pain and improve the performance of body tissues. With gradual exercise programs, the symptoms are decreased by a significant margin.
5. Chiropractor – this form of treatment is based on the fact that spine movement restrictions lead to experiencing lower pain levels. A chiropractor uses spinal manipulation to lower their mobility and decrease pain. They can also use soft tissue massage and muscle stretching in the treatment of fibromyalgia.
6. Massage Therapy – this involves slow techniques to move body soft tissues and muscles. Through the massage circulation in the muscles is improved making nutrients flow as required, and waste elimination be done easily. It can also make the body release natural painkillers for making the body lower anxiety and stress levels to the patients with fibromyalgia.
7. Physical therapy exercises like therapeutic massage and manual therapy can be used in the relief of pain and treatment of fibromyalgia.
8. Self-care is the most vital form of treatment of Fibromyalgia Syndrome. Following the following tips helps in self-care treatment: Keeping daily balance in the exercises done, living a healthy lifestyle, limiting stress as much as possible,
The above options can be used in the fibromyalgia treatments. If they are well followed, the symptoms associated with the syndrome are significantly reduced.